In October 2019, Agriteam Canada launched a new five-year project in Ukraine: Support to Ukraine’s Reforms for Governance (SURGe).
SURGe’s Ultimate Outcome is to help the Government of Ukraine (GoU) to deliver governance and economic reforms that better respond to the needs of its citizens. To achieve this, the Project will strategically enhance and strengthen the GoU’s reform management functions, namely its capacity to undertake planning and analysis of reforms that consider citizen impact, and to implement these reforms.
The expert team will be deployed to the State-owned enterprise Electronic Health (SOE eHealth) at Ministry of Health (MoH) to continue the development of the central component of eHealth IT system and respective ecosystem.
The goal of the reform initiative is to provide government-guaranteed package of health care services of the enhanced quality to citizens of Ukraine for free.
For this reform, SURGe Project is looking for а DBA Security Expert who will be responsible for audit of internal procedures related to grant access for Medical Information Systems (MIS) to eHealth Central Data Base (CDB), improving procedures and tools for granting and managing access, building a security system for the database management system (DBMS).
The expert will be based in Kyiv and will be reporting to Team Lead.
Level of Effort: Full time, Monday-Friday.
The duration of the contract is till June 2020 with a possibility of extensions (subject to additional approvals and results achieved during the previous contract).
For contracting (after the job offer is made), the selected candidate should be able to get registered as a Private Entrepreneur of the 3d group (consultancy services).
1. Preparation and conducting of DBMS security audit.
2. Preparing reports and instructions to eliminate deficiencies identified during the DBMS security audit.
3. Conducting consultations and recommendations to SOE representatives on the development of DBMS security policies.
4. Consulting on DBMS failover, database backup / restore.
5. Conducting audit of the internal procedures related to granting access of MIS to eHealth Central Data Base (CDB).
6. Providing guidance on improving procedures and tools for granting and managing access to eHealth CDB.
1. Higher education.
2. Experience in building high load and fault tolerant systems.
3. Experience in setting up a complete database maintenance with logіn storage on external resources.
4. Experience working with modules that are responsible for encryption and cryptography.
5. Experience in setting up database replication.
6. Knowledge of database queries, theory and design.
7. Knowledge about the RDBMS itself, e.g. Microsoft SQL Server or MySQL.
8. Knowledge of structured query language (SQL), e.g. SQL/PSM or Transact-SQL.
9. Understanding of distributed computing architectures, e.g. Client–server model.
10. Understanding of storage technologies and networking.
11. Understanding of routine maintenance, recovery, and handling failover of a database.
12. Desirable: experience setting up sms, email gateways.
Submissions must be prepared in English and delivered electronically by 17:00 Kyiv time on February 28, 2020
1) Applicant’s CV;
2) Applicant’s letter of interest.
Please, ensure to state “eHealth – DBA Security Expert” in the e-mail subject line.
Applications received after the indicated deadline and/or without letter of interest will not be reviewed and considered.
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for follow-up. We do not welcome unsolicited phone calls.
Agriteam Canada is one of Canada’s leading international development firms, providing management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, we have implemented over 370 projects in more than 65 countries.
Agriteam has two offices in Canada and 11 offices around the world, including an office in Ukraine. Over the almost thirteen-year of Agriteam presence in Ukraine, the team successfully implemented five international technical assistance projects.
Створюємо спільноту фанів Понеділків.