Summary: The Kyiv office of American Councils for International Education: ACTR/ACCELS (American Councils) is currently seeking a reliable candidate to fill the position of EducationUSA Outreach coordinator. Educational Outreach Coordinator reports to the EAC Senior Adviser and the American Councils Country Director. The incumbent works alongside the EAC staff in Kyiv and Program Managers in Washington, D.C. This is a full-time 40-hours a week position.
POSITION CLOSING: July 19, 2020
- Maintaining virtual and in-person outreach projects including travel to different regions of Ukraine.
- Planning all regular and special EducationUSA events at America House and other locations on a monthly basis. Coordinate with guest speakers, as appropriate.
- Coordinating U.S. colleges and universities visits.
- Coordinating EducationUSA Boot Camp program implementation.
- Managing EducationUSA Ambassadors programming and supporting their outreach activities.
- Developing and maintaining contacts with outreach stakeholders including American Corners, youth centers, local schools and universities, businesses, etc.
- Performing data collection on outreach participants and maintaining data bases with appropriate information on users of EducationUSA services.
- Maintaining regular communication with other American Councils offices, PAS/U.S. Embassy, ECA and the Regional Educational Advising Coordinator.
- Assisting during planning and implementation of all EAC annual events, such as U.S. Education Fair, International Education Week, Alumni Fair, Pre-departure Orientation, and others.
- Conducting virtual and in-person presentations on application process to U.S. colleges and universities, as assigned.
- Providing full support to EAC Senior Adviser upon request.
- Adhere to all American Councils office policies and guidelines as set forth by the Country Director and D.C. office.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Education or Communications or a relevant field.
- Verbal and written fluency in English and Ukrainian. Fluency in Russian is a plus.
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience with the U.S. educational system and/or U.S. Department of State educational exchange program(s).
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent time management, planning and implementation, analytical, and computer/internet skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to international education and cultural exchange.
- Strong cross-cultural and communication skills.
- Experience in planning conferences, workshops, and other public events.
- Knowledge of U.S. and Ukrainian education systems.
- Ability to forge and develop connections and work cooperatively with partners and stakeholders from various sectors including higher education communities, government, and private companies.
TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter with a current resume before the closing date. Applications submitted later than July 19, 2020 will not be considered.